ProQual is an Approved End Point Assessment Centre.
End point assessment forms the final stage of a Trailblazer Apprenticeship, the independent assessment is separate to any qualifications or other assessment that the apprentice may undertake during training. The apprentice will not be able to complete the apprenticeship without passing the end-point assessment. Each Trailblazer has an employer designed synoptic end point assessment, the details are set out explicitly in each Assessment Plan.
“It is vital that all apprentices are assessed in a fair and objective manner. Independence and impartiality are critical to ensure quality assessment and to ensure the standard is maintained over time.“ (SFA: Register of Apprentice Assessment Organisations – Guidance for Applicants, May 2016).
An End Point Assessor (EPA) conducts an independent assessment of the work of an apprentice towards the end of an apprentice’s training period, requiring approximately 3 days assessment per apprentice. EPAs must be have the relevant occupational competence and must be experienced assessors who understand the process of independent assessment and the practices of quality assurance.
Requirements for independent end point assessment are written into the Assessment Plan for each Trailblazer standard. EPAs will:
- Receive a full induction in line with the relevant Trailblazer requirements
- Maintain CPD
- Work with employers and ProQual to develop assessment tools
- Assess the elements of the end point assessment:
- A portfolio comprising evidence of real work projects
- A business-related project conducted over a specified period of time
- An employer reference
- A structured interview to explore the portfolio and how it was produced, and findings from the project
- Grading the apprentice, either Pass, Distinction or Fail
For more information, please contact Gary Bartle firstname.lastname@example.org